Sports & Camp Physicals at ChoiceOne Urgent Care
Before your student-athlete joins their team on the field, or your camper heads off to summer camp, let our team take care of their physicals. ChoiceOne's sports & and camp physicals are convenient, fast and affordable.
When is it time to get a sports physical?
The optimal time to have a physical performed is six weeks before the start of the sports season. If any injuries or conditions are found, six weeks will give the student time to be treated and recover. If physicals are completed seven weeks or more prior to the season, conditions may develop between the time of examination and the start date of the sport.
What should you bring to your visit?
- A copy of the entire sports/camp physical form for the provider to review and sign.
- Your child’s prescription eye glasses or contacts if they wear them.
What should you expect during your child’s physical?
- Be prepared to discuss your child’s past injuries and/or current treatments, conditions, allergies or medications with the provider during your physical visit.
What happens if there are medical issues?
If our providers identify any medical issues that you may be unaware of, he or she will discuss your options. You will have access to the highly certified specialists at our hospital partners. Based on the diagnosis and treatment required, a judgment will be made to place the student athlete into one of the following participation categorizations:
- Unrestricted Participation. The student may play in the specified sport without any constraints.
- Clearance With Coach Notification. The student athlete is cleared to play the sport, but special accommodations may be warranted in certain circumstances.
- Deferred Clearance. Clearance cannot be given at this time, but a treatment plan will be put in place for future evaluation.
- Disqualification. Participation in the sport is prohibited.
- A sports physical should not replace your child’s annual physical with their primary care provider or family physician.
- ChoiceOne is unable to provide or validate your child’s immunizations. However, your child’s school may require you to include the immunization record along with the physical examination form.
Urgent Care Locations
ChoiceOne offers affordable sports and camp physicals at all of our centers. Whether it’s soccer, lacrosse, football, baseball, basketball, volleyball, tennis or any other sport, we help your athlete sports-ready and back on the field.
Click here to find your closest urgent care location, get directions, and reserve your spot in line.